What I Did This Summer
(And can it already be over??)
1. Went to Utah and ate a Crab Sandwich at a Kneaders Sandwich Shop
2. Went to the beach with my grandkids and two of my kids
3. Entertained grandchildren with puzzles
4. Entertained grandchildren with forts made out of quilts (luckily I have a few)
5. Put the lighter summer look in the guest bedroom, loving how it makes Kaleidoscope shine
(on the end of the bed is my friendship quilt, which includes signatures from all my granddaughters)
6. Made a starry block for Susan for the Mid-Century Modern Bee in July
7. Made my August Mid-Century Bee block for Mary
8. Been arranging the blocks that come in from my turn at the Always Bee Learning Bee. Everyone must be on vacation, because they are dribbling in, little by little. But I love to see them all together!
9. Went to Zagreb (and Ljubljana and Dubrovnik–all in Slovenia and Croatia). . .
. . . and Budapest, Hungary.
10. Hosted a giveaway!
I did the Random Number Generator thing and got #3, but Susan said she already had that book so not to consider her.
So I did it again, and Carly was the winner. I’ll be in touch by email.
But I can’t let this go by without telling you all how thoughtful and interesting your comments were. I like how you read each other’s and answered each other; I love seeing community in our quilty world. It made me remember that I’m also inspired by quotes and sayings, as well as nature and other quilters. I love how Harlan said that when the creative juices are clicking, “something new and needed is created.” I appreciated Anne’s parsing out the difference between flat-out copying vs. being inspired by someone’s work. All of you brought excellent ideas to the conversation and I wish I could give you all a prize. You are all the best. Hope you also had a good summer!
10 thoughts on “Summer Report”
What a fun idea to do a summer recap! Yours looks fun and eventful. Those old buildings are just gorgeous.
Your summer looks like it was fantastic!
Wow, busy but wonderful! Now, make this fall the absolute best on every.
What an amazing summer you have had! You certainly crammed a lot into it.
I am loving those pineapple blocks.
My type of summer- sewing, travelling and fun family times! Looking forward to seeing what autumn holds?!
You had an epic summer!! I so enjoyed following your adventures on Instagram.
Thanks again! I’m looking forward to the read. 🙂
I’m smitten with those pineapple blocks…. I will probably have to make some at some point. Looks like you’ve had a lovely summer – hope it’s a wonderful autumn, as well!
You’ve had quite the summer. I love Kneaders crab sandwiches, your beautiful grandchildren, and that kaleidoscope quilt.
What a wonderful trip that must have been, to Croatia and Slovenia. They are on my list, too. And the starry block in solids is pretty great, too. Thanks for sharing your summer.
You had a fun summer!