Every month I post a new tutorial for a group of beginner quilters.
Here’s a round-up of First Monday Sew-day handouts:
(1) December 2020 is our inaugural get-together. This handout is about the basics: rotary cutting, accurate seams and pressing. Simone also talked about how to choose colors for a quilt. That day we sewed four patches together.
Click to download PDF file: FirstMondaySewday_D19
(2) A new year, a new block for January 2020. We tackled half-square triangles and snowball corners on this day. Click to download PDF file: FirstMondaySewday_Jan6_2020
(3) In February 2020, Flying Geese were up next with Laurel teaching the lesson. All the secrets for Flying Geese are in this handout. Click to download PDF file: First Monday Sewday_Feb 2020
(4) Simone taught us about modern blocks for March 2020 and we made her original pattern. Click to download a PDF file: FirstMondaySewday_3_2020
(5) April 2020 was the first time we had our social distancing going on and couldn’t meet — so we did it digitally. Click to download a PDF file for the Economy Block: FirstMondaySewday_4_2020
(6) May 2020 and we are still not meeting. Because we are all at home, Log Cabin blocks are the topic. Click to download a PDF file: FirstMondaySewday_5_2020
(7) June 2020 and we’re planning on a Zoom Meeting at night — a change, but then all the little children will be in bed, and the Moms can just visit. Our patches today are Nine-Patch and Churn Dash. Click to download a PDF file: FirstMondaySewday_6_2020