Every month I post a new tutorial for a group of beginner quilters.
Here’s a round-up of First Monday Sew-day handouts:
(1) December 2020 is our inaugural get-together. This handout is about the basics: rotary cutting, accurate seams and pressing. Simone also talked about how to choose colors for a quilt. That day we sewed four patches together Click to download a PDF file:
(2) A new year, a new block for January 2020. We tackled half-square triangles and snowball corners on this day.
(3) In February 2020, Flying Geese were up next with Laurel teaching the lesson. All the secrets for Flying Geese are in this handout.
(4) Simone taught us about modern blocks for March 2020 and we made her original pattern.
(5) April 2020 was the first time we had our social distancing going on and couldn’t meet — so we did it digitally. Click to download a PDF file for the Economy Block:
(6) May 2020 and we are still not meeting. Because we are all at home, Log Cabin blocks are the topic.
(7) June 2020 and we’re planning on a Zoom Meeting at night — a change, but then all the little children will be in bed, and the Moms can just visit. Our patches today are Nine-Patch and Churn Dash.
(8) July 2020 and I got a little carried away today with our handout–multiple pages! Our technique today is our first Foundation Paper-Pieced (FPP) block: the classic Spider Web.