These were the goals of Quarter Three of the Finish-A-Long, hosted by Leanne of She Can Quilt.
1. Hunter’s Star is finished, and is renamed At the Bandstand, Under A Starry Night — Quilt #47 on my 100 Quilts List. I had started in 2002, and finished it up this year.
2. Rhonda got her hot mitts, and then I made a second pair for my daughter-in-law Kimberly, who liked them so much.
3. The colorful tote, made in Keiko Goke fabrics, is finished and I’ve been toting it around as a purse, I like it so much.
4. Lollypop Tree is still a quilt top, hanging in my closet.
5. Ditto the Friendship Quilt.
6. The so-called Facets quilt is finished, and has been re-christened as Juxtaposition, quilt #121 on my 200 Quilts List.
7. The Four-in-Art quilt with an owl theme was completed, and is named Congruence, quilt #119 on the 200 Quilts List.
8. The Citrus quilt was quilted together, quilt #118 on the list.
In addition, I completed a quilt for a new grandson: Charlie’s Quilt.
I’m taking off most of the oldies and adding three new quilts: a Christmas Quilt, a Schnibbles that I never quilted, and the Map-themed project for our Four-in-Art group (that’s the preliminary sketch there in the middle). I left on the Friendship Quilt just to keep it alive–if I can just get the top together, then I’ll take it to my quilter to finish it up.
(Well, at least the center is done!)
It’s good to set goals. It’s also good not to turn them into sticks to beat yourself with.
Linking up with Leanne’s 2013 Finish-A-Long. Do you have some things you’d like to finish?
9 thoughts on “Finish-A-Long, Q3 Wrap-Up and Quarter 4 Goals”
Hmmm let’s see. Do I have some things I’d like to finish? I have a shelf stuffed with quilt tops. Do you think that qualifies?
SO true about not turning unfinished twigs into sticks for beating up oneself. Easily done by most of us, so a good reminder to be as kind to ourselves as we would be to fellow quilters.
Santa is very cute. So ‘plump’. Looking forward to seeing your finishes.
That is a good list, you are very good at finishing your lists too.
Way to go!!! I love that Santa’s Village and can’t wait to see it finished.
I have soooo many things to finish. I have never felt like putting a list together–maybe I should try. I do have the Four in Art Maps project on the list I carry in my head daily (and I began working on it the other day).
It is nice to see all your finished projects for the last quarter pictured together. And “At the Bandstand, Under a Starry Night” is still the most lovely Hunter’s Star I have seen in a long time.
I just love your rotund santa
Your Santa is really cute. Hope the green blocks go well.
Loving the sneak peek at the maps challenge. Lots of good stuff on your list 🙂