This is where I got stalled on Rosette #4 for The New Hexagon Millefiore Quilt, or as I call it, The Hot Mess. It may not turn out to be that, but we’ll see. I had rotated six of the blocks and it left chunky dark hard edges. Hmmmm, I told myself. Hmmmm.
The solution was to subdivide the offending piece. The clunky outer bits are transformed, making what had looked like a snarling traffic circle into a lovely ring of batik-y writing.
Here’s the magic piece.
The finished rosette. This is number four, and the tenth month of the year starts in a couple of days, so that makes me only. . . eight months behind. This one was hard, not only because I was doing a lot of it during my recovery, but also because I got stuck at the traffic circle dilemma, and it took me a while to find a solution. But I feel pretty good about it now.