Quilt #218 • 76 1/2″ square
After four years, I finally finished up the quilt of multiple pieced hexagons. Yes, every seam on that top is hand-stitched. I’ve had many posts about this, but here’s its final and complete post: it is done!
Back of the quilt, using an Andover Fabrics wideback fabric. No piecing, no fussing around. This was so slick–just buy the three yards and send it off to the quilter, Darby of Quilted Squid, who did a great job.
About that edge binding: it was supposed to be a faced binding, tucked behind the quilt, but once I saw it on the edge, that was the missing piece that fell into place for me. I wasn’t quite sure I liked this pile of English paper-piecing, until I saw that. But I stab-stitched the facing in perle cotton all the way around, to get that nice tight, bound edge look. That’s why it’s so large on the back–I didn’t want to cut down the width of my facing, so I went with it.
And if you’ve been reading my Instagram account, you know we are poppy-crazy out here with our California Superbloom, so we took the quilt on one of our poppy-hunting treks to get the two photos you see in this post.
You can use the tags on this post (click on them) to search for other entries of this quilt, if more information is needed. Many thanks to Katja Marek for starting us on the Millefiore road.